quite fittingly, after 4 months since the original release, update4 is made available
Specifically, this update:
* makes the game run natively on Linux (requires an x86 CPU, SDL 1.2 and SDL_mixer-1.2);
* avoids the restart of the whole program upon theme change (very useful when playing in full screen, as the monitor does not need to re-sync);
* adds themes randomization options;
* adds the "USE ENHANCED WEAPONS" option (makes killing enemies easier);
* slows down the blinking of the automapper direction indicator;
* adds video mode suggestions;
* fixes a minor bug in the zoom selection handling (in rare cases it could cause an illegal memory access);
* fixes bad centering at 4x zoom (a couple of parentheses were missing);
* links the AmigaOS version to the latest SDL;
* links the Windows version to a fresh build of the custom framework (by mistake an outdated framework had been used with the consequence that, on some machines, input handling was partially broken);
* includes some graphical retouches to the themes "castle" and "warm";
* adds synopses to the phases of the mission "tougher and tougher";
* updates and improves the user's manual;
* improves some translations;
* applies some other changes.
BOH owners can enjoy the update by downloading it for free from the DOWNLOADS page
of the official website.
The demos available on the same page have been updated to reflect the changes.